Friday, February 29, 2008

2 down, 2 to go

Well, what a way to start the day yesterday!
I was headed out front to wait for my ride (to chemo)
There are 2 houses on this lot, we are in the rear house.
So to get to the street you have to exit our gate, then walk up the nieghbors driveway. I got to the end of the driveway, to the sidewalk and bam! Down I went. I hate that driveway! It is unpaved and unlevel and just tretcherous as hell. Not to mention all the crap and mud from the recent rains. ugh!
Plus I can't 'wall walk' using the fence as support because they have all these potted plants along the fence.
Shit happens, I'm fine but I ripped the knee of my favorite jeans!
The day before this, I was out mowing our backyard....so whats my point?
I don't know....I guess you just never know what the day will bring!
The chemo itself was uneventful.
As any NF2'er can tell you, 'uneventful' is a good thing. ;-)
March is going to be a busy month.
My next chemo treatment is next thursday, 3/6/08.
Then the following day I will have a brain MRI,
discuss the results with Dr Slattery,
and then see Steve Otto for my ABI tune up.
This will all be up at HEI in Los Angeles.
We will have to hit the road early, and it will be a long, full day.
My last appt that day (with Otto) is at 3:30, so we should be back on the road heading home just in time for L.A. rush hour. Groaaan.
Then 3/13/08 more chemo and a consult with Dr. Zu.
Then on 3/19/08 I'm going for outpatient eye surgery.
They are going to put a gold weight in my left eyelid, as it doesn't close all the way.
I already have one in my right eyelid (2004) I have been happy with it, and its just time to do the other eye.
Busy month!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh man! I hate you fell girl but soo glad the treatment was a good one after a wacky start getting there...
Still No Steroids???? Thats awesome!!!
I had forgot you had a gold weight...they are wonderful and wish ya the best with #2 hun!

Hang Tuff!!!

Paula

Unknown said...

Well, if it's any consolation at all...ripped jeans can be stylish and some people pay a lot for that 'urban rugged look' GULP :)Sorry you fell, but I couldn't walk on the terrain you described either, but I could with my walking stick, hint hint!!
xo
Divadawg

Anonymous said...

KC,
I feel like an asshole. I haven't read ANY of your posts since today so I went back, read all of last year's and finished with the one from yesterday.
I'm so happy to hear everything has been going as well as can be, under the circumstances.
I'm to graduate in December and would LOVE it if you and Geo could be there. If physical or financial barriers (or both) are a problem,I complely understand. If you want to avoid my mom, I completely understand that too. lol Hang in there, babe!

Drinkers of the world unite! :0P

Anonymous said...

Hey! I totally know what you mean! I have cases like the happen every so often. It fluctuates. One week I will be doing really great and then all of a sudden I will have one day where I am really off. When that happens I have to go back to the gym and practice on the BOSU (both sides up) device which really helps with the balance. It strengthens your ankles and calves for that kind of terrain.
LOL Dang! I just forgot what else I was going to say! Beck :+P
Double dang! I forgot my dang password!