Monday, August 25, 2008

Fine tuning stuff....

No leak! It's all healed, yay!
For the 1st month or so, after the face operation,
I could easily make B, P, M, sounds. Plus I could close my mouth,
bring my bottom lip, to my upper lip, easily.
I was overjoyed with that!
But now I can't do that. ;-( The swelling has totally dissipated.
Now I can't make certain sounds, or close my bottom lip.
Bummer.
So, the plan is Restalyne (sp) injections, to plump up my lips, to restore a little of the swelling to that area. These injections would be similar to Botox. We are waiting on the almighty (coff coff) insurance to approve the Restalyne.
I just heard from my oncologist, Dr. Zu, that I am due for more Rituxan (chemo) this month. ugh! I thought I was done with that ;-( I haven't had any chemo since march! Oh well, bring it on!
In other news, the bike is done! Geo took saturday off and we hit highway 101 and put about 200 miles on it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Besides a few set backs, everythng sounds like it's going well! Keep up the good work and don't let the Man get you down!
-Yb

Unknown said...

Overall, it sounds like things are going your way. I'm so happy that Geo got the bike running!! Very cool!!
woof!!

Anonymous said...

Never Give Up Girl ~ You have awesome determination !!!
Gooo KC!!!

Awesome news you guys are back cruising again ~ WhhooHoo!

Hugs to ya both!
Paula

Rebecca said...

Congrats on the face healing!

My friend has been taking Rituxan for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Every time he has had a serious reaction to it so they have to hospitlalize him for a few days to monitor him while he going through treatment. He did not want to give up on it though as the Rituxan is the most promising drug in his cocktail. The doctors believe it will give him a longer remission before needing treatment again. He started in summer 2006 and then had to start up again this spring. He has been taking treatments all summer. So hopefully this last treatment will put things at bay for a longer period.

How are you with taking the drug?

Anonymous said...

when i see it all in writing it dose not seem all that tough. But i know its a lot to deal with. BUT YOU DO IT SO WELL. AND I FIND IT HARD TO COMPLAIN ABOUT SOME OF MY OWN PROBLEMS WHICH ARE SO MINOR COMPARED TO YOURS.
I LOVE YOU GEO