Saturday, November 8, 2008

More surgery....

Next week is going to be a busy week!
This appt for the lip procedure is Thursday.
It is surgery, but I'm pretty sure it is outpatient surgery.
I will find out the details on Monday, when I go for pre-op,
and to see Dr. Mehta.
Then I have ANOTHER pre-op on Wednesday,
with the anesthesiologist. Don't ask me why they don't
do both on the same day....who knows, who cares really?
I'm just glad it will be getting done!
Wednesday after pre-op I have to go to the Cancer Center,
to get my port flushed, and take a blood test.
No, I still don't know the results of my last PET Scan.
My fault tho, I just haven't asked Dr. Zu yet. Two reasons:
1. The fine art of procrastination, in which I excel at.
2. No news is good news.
If the results were terrible, and something needed attention now,
I know I would have heard from Dr. Zu.
So its all good.
I have had some pretty bad nights lately. Drenching sweats,
but not to the extreme as the ones I had when first dx'ed.
My wrist is all scabbed on both sides, from me itching in my sleep.
For no particular reason, I just scratch myself raw, until it bleeds.
According to my research, these "phantom itches" are a known problem in people with Lymphoma. Great, huh? Grooaaan.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey pretty lady, it's good to see that you have so many appointments lined up. I know you will win each battle in the same kick-ass way that you always have....I'm in your corner cheering you on!
WOOF!

Anonymous said...

Ya go KC !

You a one Tuff Gal ~ Wish you the very best girl

Blessings & Hugs
Paula

Anonymous said...

HAY SWEETHEART
AFTER BRAIN SURGERY THIS IS A WALK IN THE PARK.
LOVE YOU GEO

Rebecca said...

I know you are sweating like mad as I went through that too. It got so bad sometimes that I stripped myself naked in my sleep.

Is it at all possible or tolerable for you to wear some very thin gloves (like they have a bed, bath, and beyond)? My sister had the chicken pox very bad when she was a year old. So what my parents had to do was tape mittens on her so she did not scratch them.

With gloves on, it would be harder to scratch yourself. LOL Boy Geo would get a kick out of that!....wearing nothing but a pair of gloves! :P

Olivia Hernandez said...

Hey girl sorry about the itchies!!! Those are so frustrating! So glad your docs are taking good care of you, can't wait to see you next weekend! YEAH!! I tagged you on my blog so come check it out www.fabulousrunningmommy.blogspot.com