Thursday, August 6, 2009

Never again...

Yesterday I had the nerve conduction study.
OH. MY. GOSH. It was horrible.
You guys warned me,
but I honestly thought all your warnings were exaggerations.
It was barbaric, like something out of the dark ages.
Never, again.
After wards the doctor told me "both arms have nerve damage"
well no shit! I went thru all that, just to learn that??
I already knew that!
He also said that he did not see any specific reason for my pain,
but that it is likely due to NF2. (duh!)
I was hoping for an "oh, there is the culprit, and here is how we fix it" that was not to be tho. He will send the results of test to HEI,
for Dr. Slattery to review.
Meanwhile, like I said, never, ever again.



6 comments:

Courtney said...

aww, KC! I'm sorry. Nerve conduction studies suck. :(
-YB

Unknown said...

KC, I've had this done twice, first time was several years ago, I couldn't finish it. Last time was a few years ago with Matt and my side. I was nearly climbing the walls in sheer agony! After the test was done they said "yep, your spine has tumors affecting your nerves". I was like OH EFFING REALLY?? That was when I said NEVER AGAIN, and I mean it!

Jamie said...

We have a nice club. Sorry for the letdown in info. These things and EEGs for us are in the same class pain and pointless-wise! My brachial plexus surgery was "exploratory", but Dr. Campbell rocked in cleaning things out without messing in the back, and my arm and hand came back. I hope you find something that works. Are you sleeping on your back and using pillows for support? Hugs!

Unknown said...

i hope that it was not all for nothing i want to be told that it helped in knowing what to do to help you. its how we role LOV GEO

Tracy said...

KC- I am so sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with both arms? Please let us know what they plan to do. Are you getting an MRI to confirm or not confirm a brachial plexus tumor? Hope you can get some relief. Tracy G.

Carpenterlpzs said...

KC- I am so sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with both arms? Please let us know what they plan to do. Are you getting an MRI to confirm or not confirm a brachial plexus tumor? Hope you can get some relief. Tracy G.