Monday, April 19, 2010

Just Stuff....

I saw Dr. Zu (my oncologist) the other day,
not only was the cancer non-evident in my bloodwork,
he feels no need for me to have any future PET Scans.
I will go for bloodwork every 6 months, but otherwise I am
done with the whole 'cancer chapter' of my life.

I got, and am wearing my BTE ABI.
So far so good! The sounds are better with this thing.
The other day I was zipping up the zipper on a back pack,
and I heard the zipper! I haven't heard a zipper in years!
I forgot they even made a sound.
And it sounded just exactly like...a zipper! LOL
Needless to say, I sat there zipping and unzipping for a few
minutes. ;-)

Geos dad is staying with us.
His name is also George,
so I will just refer to him as Dad.
And no, if you are wondering, my Geo is not a Jr.,
he is the 3rd George in the Sotier line ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Party time!!! You all have fun. I love this news. "No big whoop." Ha! I'm so happy for you, KC. Enjoy your time with 2 Gs in the house. Love, Jamie

Olivia Hernandez said...

I am so ridiculously happy for you and Geo KC! Love you girl and keep fighting! BTW I'm pretty sure it was all the beer that helped HAHA :)

Unknown said...

THATS MY GIRL NOTHING WILL GET YOU DOWN LOVE YOU GEO

Rebecca said...

Congrats! That is fantastic!!!! Make sure you track your remission date so you can celebrate every year. Hey mine is in May too so maybe we can celebrate together! For my 15th Harley, my sister, and I paraglided off a local mountain. So that gives you an idea of ways to celebrate. ;-)

So Happy for you! A big weight off your chest, eh?

By the way, our team in the big climb this year raised over $3000 for blood cancer and the entire event raised 1.6 million!

- Your lymphoma survivor buddy :-)