Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Round #6 update

...finally huh? I've been just a tad distracted. Aren't we all?
Anyway, Dr. Zu said that my PET Scan results were good. He didn't say alot about the results, since they were not bad or showed no new growths, that explains that!
That was last thursday, the 4th, and it was my LAST chemo!!! YEAH BUDDY! I do have to go back to the Cancer Center on the 25th (my bday!) for a blood test and a consult. The appointment card also has me scheduled for chemo, but I believe that is a mistake. What Dr. Zu says goes; and Dr. Zu says I'm done.
Now for the yuck news: after Dr. Zu told me it was my final treatment, I asked him if my Cancer was in remission now. He explained to me,
"Thats a hard question....this kind of Cancer does not really go into remission."
It is my understanding, from him and from my own research, that it is more a case of this Cancer being active or non-active right now. Right now, it is non active, but I will have it the rest of my life.
In 6 months I will repeat another bout of chemo; 1 day a week, for 4 weeks. Then I will repeat the PET Scan, and see where things stand.
So......I can say that was my final treatment, for now. Let the future bring what it will.....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

*ding ding* and the winner of this match, and still champion, is KC!! Thanks for the good news. It's good news for now, and now is what really matters anyway. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. There are no guarantees in life for anyone....I should know...I've spent tens-of-thousands of dollars in therapy getting that drilled into my head. Another thing I know for sure is that I love you KC!! I'll be ready to rumble with you when you have to get back into the damn chemo ring again.
woof!
Divadawg

Anonymous said...

So I am trying to assimilate that description - nonactive vs. remission?? What's the difference? So if it is nonactive, you continue on life, but keep checking on it; if it becomes "active" then more chemo?? Is that correct? Marie

Anonymous said...

Good News KC !
"Never Give Up Girl"
love ya and God Bless~
Paula arff!!!

Anonymous said...

Hasta la vista baby!Round 6 is behind ya.Thats great KC,love ya DEAR
Jimy

Anonymous said...

Way to be, KC!

I like that, "what Dr. Zu says goes." It's like you are part of a science-fiction adventure.

I'm geared to inactivity for the cancer, and lots of energy for you to keep on rockin.

Love ya, Jamie

Anonymous said...

there is not a cancer that will bring you down. its a fight and the KC i know and love never walked away from a fight.i only wish that i could be the one doing the fighting for you.
we will survive you and me.
I LOVE YOU GEO