Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Everything is a fight...

well..........last time I updated this blog, I was really excited.
I had just seen Dr. Mehta, regarding reanimation of my face -
t-flap surgery. Guess what? My insurance company (Molina) denied it.
Yes I am appealing it. 'They' are sending the case to a 3rd party,
to determine that the surgery is "medically nessasary".
How exactly does that work? I mean I will not die without the surgery.
My life won't be threatened by not having the surgery, however it is a chance to improve my quality of life. Why does everything have to be a fight?? ***
Today I go see ANOTHER eye doc regarding the gold weight surgery.
I was all set to have this surgery and on the day of it, my insurance company balked. So I appealled it, and todays appt is where that appeal has led me. This is totally crazy. The eyelid surgery IS urgent.
Last friday I had a Pet scan to see the status of my lymphoma cancer.
What cancer?? ;-) I feel fine. I feel great actually. I have been riding my bike (trike) almost every day. I take Heyzeus with me to the park, thats 3 miles each way....wooooo. (not a dog park - but better than no park at all)

***When I had my left side AN/VS removed (2004) I literally begged for a nerve graft because I feared coming out of surgery with bilateral facial paralysis. (I already had unilateral - right side) I was told "oh, you won't need it." opps.....I did end up needing it! I really wish....I just kick myself for not pushing the issue, and insisting on it. Now I'm in this fight with Molina, to get the t-flap surgery approved. My point? Be relentless in going after what you want.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOF!

Anonymous said...

Hang Tuff girl~

You are my inspiration too!

arf!
Paula