Friday, April 24, 2009

who needs it?

Monday, the 27th I go for a very small surgery.
It is an outpatient procedure.
Not a big deal at all. The plan is to remove my Port.
Why remove it? Right now I have to go get it "flushed out" every 3 weeks. As much as I like visiting the therapy dogs at the cancer center, they can just become a memory. A distant memory. The mental aspect of this is cool, "no port? wow, I really AM in remission."
I wonder if they will let me keep the port after they remove it? You know, I could bring it to show & tell ;-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, KC!!

LOL @ saving the port for 'show and tell'.....I'd like to see it.

WOOF!

Anonymous said...

Awesome News KC!

You are definatly in Remission Girl!

Big Hugs & Many, Many Blessings!!!

Paula

Yb said...

Keep the port? lol Ahhh....nostalgia! Very happy to hear everything's going well!