Monday, April 6, 2009

Life is Good...

Dr. Slattery reviewed my MRI films with his team:

“The meningioma appears to be slowly increasing in size, but I do not see anything that we need to do at this time to treat it. We can continue to monitor the meningioma. If it continues to grow at some point in time we are going to need to treat it, but I think we can continue to monitor it at this time.

As far as your arm weakness, I would suggest you have an MRI scan of the brachial plexus and a nerve conduction study. These would both be performed by a neurologist. I want to make sure there is not something that a brachial plexus or nerves to the arm that could be causing this problem. Please arrange for the study to be performed and forward the results to me.”

So that is good. No surgery, yay!

Tomorrow I go see Dr. Zu, to discuss the results from my most recent PET scan.

This is just to check on the status of my cancer. Did I mention I am in remission?!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats great Kc!Id think about cooking the menogima.Waiting and watching is great but ya dont wanna miss the size limit for GK,or surgery is your only option.
Love ya bunches,mr X

Unknown said...

Awesome KC!!!! WOOF!!!

Anonymous said...

Great News girl ~

Big Hugs & Best Wishes Tomorrow!
Paula