Saturday, September 15, 2007

5th round of chemo, etc.

I had the port implanted wednesday, it was a breeze, it was sore as heck after wards, now its ok, still a little yender but no biggie.

Thursday I went for a chemo treatment. Wow, what a difference that port makes! I was hooked up to the I.V. in about 2 minutes. First they drew blood out of it for the blood test, then just capped it off and switched over to the chemo drugs, and turned on the drip. All that and just one pin prick! Awesome! The treatment took about 5 hours, I read, napped, daydreamed, etc. Didn't see Dr. Zu that day.
I have had ZERO side effects so far from this round. Well, tired muscles, but thats been a given throughout this experience.

Friday I went for the PET Scan, after going all the way there and getting all set up, a blood test determined that my blood suger was too high for the scan.

They said it was too high because of the post chemo steroids I am on, plus the one cup of coffee I had. They had told me "no solids, only fluids and medicine", last I checked coffee ain't a solid, and I have no idea what my blood suger level has to to with the scan. But anyway, the PET Scan is rescheduled for next friday the 21st.

My next chemo treatment is scheduled for 10/4, that will be the 6th one, and hopefully the last one for awhile. Hopefully Dr. Zu will have the results from next fridays scan, and discuss them with me. I predict the results will be good!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

DING! Great news about the ease of having your port. Although reading about it made me squeamish (I'm such a baby). You continue to amaze me and I continue to think you are tough-as-nails.
~Divadawg

Anonymous said...

you are the hero sweetheart. and i agree with jodi you are tough as nails. you make it all sound like no big deal. i love you for your strangth it makes me even stronger to deal with life. lov you for life.GEO...............

Unknown said...

A good update KC. I'm glad to hear the port made the IVs easier.
As always please come to chat when ya get a chance. It seems like years since ya been there. Jeffro

Unknown said...

Very sweet comment there from Geo! You two are such an awesome couple!
KC + Geo = 4ever
awwwwww :)
~divadawg

Anonymous said...

KC...you are such a strong person and a great example for all of us. prayers for a great Pet Scan...(and no sugar...LOL)
Hugs, Winny

Anonymous said...

You " ROCK" KC...and are my hero as well girl!
Glad the port is doing well too..

Big Big Hugs!!
Paula