Thursday, June 28, 2007

1 week down...

since starting chemo, 17 weeks to go.....yikes...putting it that way seems awfully long.
In this past week, I have experienced heartburn, which is under control by Pepcid.
I also had horrible insomnea, but that is under control now too, due to the Temazepam. I have had no nausesa, so far, lets hope that keeps up.
I have been awfully tired. I spend alot of time reading. Thats kind of frustrating, sometimes I'll read an entire page, and realize I have no clue what I just read. So I read it again.
I seem to have whats known as 'chemo-brain'. Usually I am sharp as a
tack, never miss a click you know? Lately certain things are just a blur.
Simple things, like everyday routine things that I do by habit; checking the snail mail, watering the houseplants, making grocery lists, etc., All that kind of stuff is like 'o yeah, I need to....' You get my drift.....
I will say I am on top of the laundry, thats pretty funny, I hate doing laundry, and I always put it off. But with night sweats, at least a few times a week, I change and wash all the sheets, p.j.'s, and whatever else needs washing. So for the first time in my life, the clothes hamper is usually empty, instead of over flowing.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it just one chemo session per week?

Anonymous said...

"since starting chemo, 17 weeks to go.....yikes...putting it that way seems awfully long."
Well KC,"a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
I'm glad your on your way babe.Always look at it one day at a time,if you look to far ahead it will get your spirit down.
Love ya KC,Jimmy
P.S. can I send you some of my laundry?I havent had clean underwear in weeks.

Unknown said...

Hey KC,
Glad you're getting finally getting some sleep. FYI, Temazepam is not generic Ambien - it's stronger and more addictive. Generic Ambien is Zolpidem - I use it occasionally but if I take it too long I can't sleep without it. Then I have to switch to booze!

Stay strong and positive,
Henry

Anonymous said...

You are doing GREAT girl after 17 weeks too..
Keep that positive outlook and Never Give Up!!!

Love ya hun!

Paula

Anonymous said...

Opps! I meant too say...I know you have 17 more weeks too go and this is your 1 st week down girl...
I have Saturday morning brain fog here! lol!
You are still a TROOPER KC!!!

love ya...sorry I goofed on my 1st comment there too...

~Paula
arff~