Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fathers Day

Last night was not so good.
I tried & tried, but could not fall asleep....last time I looked at the clock it was 3:30 am, still no sleep. groan! Then once I finally dozed off, I awoke to find myself completly drenched! yuck - gross! I hate that! sigh...
The plan was to go to Huntington Beach, to Geo's folks house, but I just was not up to it. I suck! So I sent him on his way solo.
Tmw I am calling Karen King, my case manager. She is going to help me arrange some services, that I may need while undergoing treatment.
I got the cancer dx's i month ago yesterday.


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi KC!

It is Beck. Unless it is incredibly hot there (hehe I have been wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt this week up here in cooler Seattle), you might be having night sweats. Make sure to tell your doctor and medical staff. I had several espisodes of night sweats where I would ever disrobe myself during my sleep! My sister's boyfriend just finished radiation for his cancer. He has night sweats too prior to treatment.

About sleep.....yeah I have that problem too. Actually I was in college during my treatment and I did not even sleep in my room! Instead I lied on the couch in the living room and watched the fish in my fish tank until I fell asleep. I probably routinely fell asleep around 3 or 4 am.

Right now I have trouble sleeping at night as my husband works nights and I don't want to go to sleep for some reason. Here are a few things you can try:

A) do not consume chocolate or any caffiene before going to bed (or sugar). All of them stimulate your brain and will keep you awake.

B) I read the drinking warm milk at night works for some reason.

c) There is an herbal supplement called "Melatonin" that helps you to sleep. When I take it it is easier to fall asleep or to at least sleep straight thru.

D) try drinking some chamomille or "sleep time" tea before you go to bed.

E) maybe make a habit of eating turkey for dinner. Turkey has an enzyme that makes you sleepy.

Let me know if anyone of those work! ;+)

Unknown said...

Not being able fall asleep is sheer torture...hope this improves my friend...woof!!