Saturday, July 14, 2007

Steroids...

I am back on the 'riods. I take 100mg., for 5 days, following every chemo treatment. Ugh! I can't stand the way they make me feel. Mentally, emotionally, they make me very sensitive and borderline nasty.
Inside my head, I edit every little thing I say, before I say it.
Roids make me pessimistic, very cynical and negative, with a very short fuse. Thoughout the day, little things that can go wrong, make me want to scream. Little petty nothing stuff; stuff that usually just rolls off my back,
seem to snowball, when I'm on 'roids.
I'm already high strung, always have been, I tend to run a little hot most of the time. You can't put out a fire with gasoline. My personallity just does not mix with steriods.
So, I am aware of it. I will continue to walk on eggshells inside my head,
and keep repeating my steroid mantra, which is: LET IT GO, LET IT GO, LET IT GO!

Here is a perfect example of my 'chemo-brain':
I looked endlessly for my keys today. Couldn't find them anywhere.
Right about the time I was ready to have a major temper tantrum, and just give up looking, I found them. Guess where they where? Hanging out of the deadbolt on the frontdoor, right where I left them when we came home last night. They hung there all night......opps!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big- Big Hugs KC!

Remain Calm and "Let It Go" girl...

Your in my thoughts and prayers!

You Rock girl!

~Paula

Unknown said...

I've done that myself!

JL said...

Hang in there, girlfriend. I love ya!

Johnna